WHAT TO BRING
A trip to Mongolia can not be improvised and its success depends on your preparation. We indicate below what we consider essential to put in your bag.This list is not exhaustive and we will help you gladly for each particular case.
THERE ARE 7 ITEMS WHICH ARE PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT.
As you will visit nomadic families throughout the country, it is good to offer them some small gifts to thanks them for their hospitality. eg balloons and games for small children, sweets, tobacco, cigarette rolling papers, small bottles of perfume or face cream.
A NOT LIMITED LIST OF THINGS TO TAKE WITH YOU
- A motorcycle jacket (leather or textile)
- A rainsuit
- A foulard
- A good pair of sunglasses
- Motorcycle boots or hiking shoes
- A pair of sandals
- A pair of gloves
- A polar fleece jacket for cold nights
- A swimsuit (to swim in rivers)
- A canvas pants
- A hat or scarf
- Headlamp (+ batteries).
- Snacks, cereal bars and cookies are welcome to complete the ordinary and can be found in UB.
- No need to bring with you an electric adapter. Mongolian plugs are identical to the Europeans.
- Mattress. However, for fans of comfort, you can slip into your bag a small self inflating-mattress. (Thermarest are great!)
-Bring with you a very warm sleeping bag (- 5 comfort) and possibly a sleeping bag sheet.
Finally some small gifts for the nomads
-Inflatable balloons bic lighters, small pocket torch, samples of perfume, soap, shampoo. Small toys that Mc Donald gives free (even if they are old) are also highly appreciated by nomads as well as card games.
If you have a health problem.
Consult your doctor first for advice on the medicines to take with you during your trip
- Take some Imdodium for diarrhea, Dulcolax for constipation
- Panadol, Pandiene or Disprin for headache
- A decongesting drug for respiratory infections.
- Solar cream, mosquitoes repellent, Betadyne, bandaid, balsam for lips, lingettes
- Your personal amenities